Pre Prep School
Forest School is an inspirational process that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
All pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 take part in Forest School sessions on a regular basis. Pupils in Year 3 have Forest School sessions in the Autumn and Summer Term. They learn through their surroundings and enjoy finding out about our idyllic location. Children learn to tie knots, make shelters, light a fire and use saws and drills.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- equal, unique and valuable
- competent to explore and discover
- entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- entitled to experience regular success
- entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world