- Academic Prep
- Academic Pre-Prep
- Pastoral Care
- Performing & Creative Arts
- The School Day
- Progress & Reporting
- Learning Development
- Preparation for Senior Schools
Science provides an opportunity for experimentation and problem-solving, giving children the chance to reason independently and to make decisions for themselves. Knowledge and an understanding of scientific method can be applied to new situations, thus enabling children to tackle new problems and acquire more information by themselves.
The Science department has an exciting laboratory which is fully equipped with advanced apparatus such as the latest Dig flex with in-built camera and e.Log sensors connected to an interactive whiteboard. There is a fume-cupboard for fascinating demonstrations.
The Science Department aims to:
- Encourage children to become self-reliant, responsible and resourceful individuals through debate and discussion in lessons
- Through plenty of practical work, allow pupils to apply knowledge to unknown situations and solve real life problems
- Through a love of Science, encourage and prepare new scientists and engineers for the world of work